10.01.2015

Not Only to Nourish

Today I'm over at Nourish Motherhood again.


 We are called to nourish others, but we cannot forget that we need to be nourished too. I love the passage in John 13 when Christ washes the apostles’ feet at the Last Supper. The example of Christ’s humility, service, and generosity is so moving. I want to be like Christ! I want to follow Him and wash the feet of those around me. I know I’m not alone in this desire.
I like to skip down to the end of that passage and read: If I, therefore, the master and teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash one another’s feet. I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do.
But there is another side to this message. Remember what happens when Christ reaches Peter?...

Read the rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment